| MARINE LITHIUM ION BATTERIES
A Drop In Replacement from Lead Acid, AGM or Gel Batteries
Smart Battery offers state of the art technology "Lithium Iron Phosphate" the safest and most robust lithium chemistry. Capable of reaching over 5000 cycles, A Smart Battery can be re-charged thousands of times providing 100% DOD (depth of discharge). Smart Battery is perfect for any marine application both deep cycle and starting.
Every Smart Battery comes with a fully automatic built in battery protection system that prevents accidental damage to the battery.
|12V 7AH Lithium Ion Battery
||12V 12AH Lithium Ion Battery
||12V 20AH Lithium Ion Battery
|Price: $159.99||Price: $199.99||Price: $289.99|
|12V 15A Lithium Ion Charger
||12V 2 Bank 15A Lithium Charger
||12V 25A Lithium Ion Charger
|Price: $224.99||Price: $334.99||Price: $413.99|
About Us Smart Battery products are engineered and built with the highest quality cells, designs and features needed to make a Lithium Ion Battery dependable and rugged enough to last over 3000 cycles. Our products are a drop in replacement for any application that would normally use a standard lead acid, gel or agm battery. Every battery is designed to UL, CE and ROHS standards and has a built in battery protection system that will protect it from accidental damage. Our experience and proven reliability with Lithium Ion Batteries enables us to provide a 5 year warranty guaranteeing the battery to be free of manufacturers defects. Because of the unique design of our batteries most products can be repaired for life in the unlikely event of a failure.
Hundreds of corporations, government and military customers have relied on Smart Battery because of our high quality design and the safety of our lithium ion batteries.
Why Smart Battery?
Cells - Smart Battery products are built with 3.2V 5AH Cylindrical Lithium Ion Cells, Each cell is designed with explosion proof stainless steel, flame retardant electrolyte and a thermal fuse.
Consistency - Smart Battery 3.2V 5AH cells are mass produced with production capabilities reaching 500,000 cells per day.
Design - Smart Battery cells are bolted together to increase strength, conductivity and quality design of our LiFePO4 batteries. The cells are bolted through length way circuit boards that provide additional strength, balancing and short circuit protection. In the unlikely event one or more cells were to fail the circuit boards will take that cell(s) off line and allow the battery to continue function normally at 12V with little reduced capacity.
Balancing - Smart Battery cells are grouped together based on 10 consistencies when building each battery pack. The bolted cell design provides a stronger connection for less resistance and more current conductivity. Along with passive balancing through the length way circuit boards, these batteries maintain the highest overall pack capacity and are designed to last 3000 - 5000 cycle.
Reliability - Smart Battery replacement Lithium Ion Batteries have been in production and sold to commercial and consumer markets for nearly 5 years.
Customer Service - We are available 7 days a week, late hours and even through the night to support our worldwide client base. Most calls will always be answered by a live Smart Battery representative who is knowledgeable and friendly. If your call is not answered right away we will return your call promptly in the order we receive it.
Commitment - Smart Battery® also takes great pride in understanding your concerns and demands, Please let us know how we are doing and any suggestions or comments about our products are highly appreciated.
Applications - Smart Battery® products are used in hundreds of applications like Electric Vehicles, RV's, Boats, Cars to Robots, Telecommunications towers, Military and unmanned aerial vehicles. our flawless track record of reliability, consistency and quality is why we are the leading supplier of drop in replacement lithium ion batteries worldwide.
Advantages of Lithium Ion vs Lead Acid Batteries
- Smart Batteries cost less than any lead battery: A Smart Battery can last up to 5000 cycles. After the initial 2000 cycles a Smart Battery can still use over 80% of its original capacity. A Lead Acid Battery will typically only have a life of around 200 - 300 cycles.
No matter how you play with the numbers formulas and assumptions a Smart Battery cost less than lead batteries. On average a group 31 AGM Battery can cost around $350.00, In some cases you would need to replace your AGM battery up to 25 times to equal the same life as 1 Smart Battery. This will save you thousands of dollars and a lot less hassle from changing out batteries every few years.
- Significantly less weight: Usually about 70% lighter than the same size lead acid battery.
- Orientation: Can be mounted and operated in any direction.
- Rapid Charge: A smart Battery can be fully recharged in as little as 1 hour from a completely dead battery. If you have a 100 amp hour Smart Battery and a 100 amp charger, It will take 1 hour to fully re-charge.
- No Voltage Drop: Voltage Curve is nearly flat giving out higher voltage and power through out the entire charge cycle. A Smart Battery 12V Lithium Ion Battery has little to no voltage drop while cranking your motor, This provides around 25% faster starting than with a lead battery. When cranking your motor with a lead battery the voltage can drop down to 9V causing your starter to spin slower.
- Charge Efficiency: When charging a lead acid battery you can lose between 15 - 30% of the energy from your charger to the battery due to heat loss. A Smart Battery is 99.1% efficient and will accept nearly 100% of the power from your charger or solar panels.
- Charge Algorithm: Smart Battery Lithium Ion Batteries can be charged with constant current and constant voltage (CC, CV). This means that almost any battery charger regardless of the algorithm can charge a Smart Battery. An algorithm typically slows down the current flowing into the battery from the charger. Lead Acid batteries heat up and swell if they receive constant current so charger manufacturers create algorithms to slow down the current protect the battery from over heating. A Smart Battery will not heat up while charging.
- Bulk, Absorb and Float Charging: If your charger is programmable for different types of batteries or custom settings you will want to set it up as follows: Bulk 14.4V, Absorb 14.6V and float at 13.6V.
- No Self Discharge: A Smart Battery can hold a full charge for over 1 year and has virtually no self discharge. Lead batteries can lose up to 30% of their capacity per month due to self discharging.
- Vibration Proof: Smart Battery cells are bolted together and made of solid construction - There are no fragile or brittle plates made of lead, which can be prone to failure over time as a result of vibration.
- More Power: Double the usable capacity of similar amp hour lead batteries
- Amp Hours: What many battery owners fail to realize is about the lead acid battery is that its capacity (Ah) rating is usually specified at the 20 hour discharge rate. At high rates of discharge above 20A the usable capacity can be reduced to less than half due to "Peukert's Effect". A 225AH Lead acid battery at an 80A discharge rate may only run for 53 minutes. Whereas a Smart Battery 12V 225AH Lithium Ion Battery discharged at an 80A rate would last for almost 180 minutes. When calculating amp hours with a Smart Battery you can use linear equations to size your battery bank.
- Higher Energy Density: 4X higher energy density than lead batteries.
- Superior "Usable" Capacity: A Smart Battery can be fully discharged down 100% without damaging the battery. Lead batteries typically only provide 50% usable capacity from the amp hour rating. This means that if your application requires 400 amp hours of usable capacity you would have to size a lead acid battery bank of 800 amp hours with lead batteries.
- Rated Capacity: Smart Battery 12V Lithium Ion Batteries have about 8% more capacity than rated. A 100AH Smart Battery can produce 108AH of usable capacity.
- Not affected by Peukert's Law: Another huge advantage of Smart Battery Lithium Ion Batteries is that Peukert's Losses are essentially non-existent. This means that A Smart Battery can deliver its full rated capacity.
Quick Inquiry Form
Have questions or need help ordering? Fill out this quick inquiry form to speak with a Smart Battery Specialist today.