| Frequently Asked Questions
How safe are Lithium Ion Batteries?
Our LiFePo4 batteries are considered to be safe, non-flammable and non-hazardous by international and federally regulated standards.
What can I use a Lithium Battery for?
Our Batteries are commonly used for marine, RV and golf cart applications. You can use our lithium batteries for any application that would normally use a single or multiple lead acid, GEL or AGM batteries.
How do I change my batteries to Lithium?
After you take out your old batteries, place our batteries in the same way. You can use the same cables to reconnect into the Lithium Battery.
How do I charge a Lithium battery?
Our lithium ion technology uses the latest and most advanced built-in battery protection system to prevent damage to the battery. You may utilize a standard charger for our products, although in some cases a lithium charger may be required to charge the batteries.
- Alternator: Most factory alternators will sufficiently charge our lithium batteries and do not require any changes.
- Inverter: Most inverters have a battery type switch that can either be selected to AGM for the closest setting to lithium or have a custom voltage setting that can be programmed to optimize your lithium battery.
- Inverter/Charger: You can set your inverter chargers voltage to charge bulk and absorb between 14.4V and 14.6V. The float should be set to 13.6V.
- Standard Charger: Our batteries internal BMS allows you to use a standard battery charger, in some cases a standard charger may not fully charge our lithium battery and you may need to purchase a lithium charger to get the full usable capacity from it.
How long do they last?
Our lithium battery technology will provide you with 2000 complete charge and discharge cycles and still provide over 80% of usable capacity.
So what does that mean in terms of years?
If you discharge 80% of the Lithium Battery and then recharge it every day for 6 years, you will still have 80% of usable battery power left. This is a huge increase in lifespan compared to a typical AGM or lead acid battery rated at 300 cycles.
What is the built-in battery protection system and how does it work?
Our internal battery protection system is a high-tech innovative design made to protect the lithium cells. Features Include:
- Internal Features:
- Low Voltage Protection Switch - Automatically disconnects at 8V
- Over Voltage Protection Switch - Automatically disconnects at 15.8V
- Short Circuit Protection Switch - Automatically disconnects
- Reverse Polarity Protection Switch - Automatically disconnects
- Internal cell balancing - Automatically balances cells
- Charge Balancing - Independant balancing for multiple batteries connected in parallel or in series.
Along with great customer service, friendly staff and reliable on time solutions, we are with live customer support staff ready to answer your questions and suggest high-quality reliable products for your application. Send us an email with your questions to Sales@lithiumion-batteries.com and one of our customer support representatives will get back to you within 24 hours. Most questions can be answered promptly through our online quick inquiry forms located throughout the site, or you can call us toll free at 1-855-465-4844.
In case we missed something...
Send us a email with your questions and we will respond the same business day.